open_flame: (Default)
[personal profile] open_flame
Liz Sherman’s Appearances in the Hellboy Script
Scene Three


(Here is the third in a series of cuts from the Hellboy script. These are to serve as a reference for me and for anyone interested in how Del Toro originally wrote Liz. Again, Movie!Liz and Comic!Liz vary greatly, so I used personal digression to make up her unique character traits. It's expanded from the Theatrical cut. Lots of Liz scenes were cut from the flick because she came off as too "happy" around Myers. I however, found this to be a great part of her personality. She has roller coaster highs and lows, and is very sarcastic as a defense mechanism. These scenes show that very well. )



INT. BELLAMIE MENTAL HOSPITAL - PADDED CELL - DAY

Liz doesn't acknowledge Myers' presence. He kneels and looks up at her.


MYERS: Miss Sherman? I'm Agent Myers, FBI

Liz turns away.

MYERS: Miss Sherman? I'm Agent Myers, FBI. (no response) The hospital called us. They don't feel they're capable of caring for you any longer, and --

Silence

MYERS: Liz -- can I call you Liz? It's a beautiful name --
LIZ: (sighs) 60% of the women in the world are named “Liz”.
MYERS: It's still impressive by my standards: My name's John.

She looks at him. He offers his hand. She looks away.

MYERS: Dr. Broom asked me to invite you back to the Bureau. No special precautions, no security escorts. You and me in a taxi. Like regular folks.
LIZ: (scoffs) Doesn't sounds like him.
MYERS: Miss Sherman, he's asking you back, but it's entirely your choice.

Liz turns to the 2-way mirror. Both their reflections are there.

LIZ: Choice, huh? That's cute. I've quit the Bureau thirteen times. I always go back. (snaps two rubber bands) Where else would I go?

Profile

open_flame: (Default)
Liz Sherman

March 2020

S M T W T F S
123456 7
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 14th, 2026 05:54 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios